Portland State University
- I’m a second-year graduate student in the Book Publishing master’s degree program at Portland State University.
- I work in the PSU Office of University Communications as a graduate assistant.
I’m revamping my company, Mental Slapstick, so that it can publish and produce work for others.
These are my main writing projects of the moment:
- A Person Known to Me: A digital dime novel — an ongoing multi-installment detective adventure that includes prose, movies, historical context, and illustrations by Kati Simon.
- A non-fiction account of the final eleven days of my mother’s life. My boyfriend Alec has dubbed this project my “momoir.”
- “Urban Bird” – It’s a little known fact that all the pigeons in the world are actually mechanical; this is a profile of their reclusive inventor and manufacturer.
- “The Mesopotamia” – A series of short fiction pieces set in a magnificent Chicago movie palace during the 1920s and 1930s, to be presented online in the form of an interactive website.
- Reading books and watching movies. Here’s a list of things I’ve finished recently.
I evaluate and invest in for-profit social ventures founded and run by women. My first three investments, done through Pipeline Angels, are Goalsetter, Atikus, and CNote, and I’m very proud of all of them.
I volunteer with the Portland Neighborhood Emergency Team program. If there’s a big earthquake, come find me. I’ll know where the Band-Aids are.